The new year has begun and our customers want to travel again! Whether it’s a meeting trip, a conference, a trade fair visit or an incentive trip – we are happy about the renewed motivation to travel and the numerous enquiries. Therefore, we thought of giving you new inspirations for your group tours, such as an example program for an incentive trip. Today we take a look at beautiful Hamburg, Germany’s second largest city and home of the INBOUND headquarters.
©Pixabay; © Unsplash
©Mediaserver.hamburg.de / Julia Schwender
„Hamburg my pearl“
The Free Hanseatic City of Hamburg impresses with its close connection to water, because not only the port of Hamburg, but also the large Alster Lake in the middle of the city as well as the endless canals characterise the cityscape of our city. No wonder that Hamburgers like to spend a large part of their free time by the water; whether lazing on the Elbe beach, being active by boat or SUP on the water, or simply going for a walk along the Alster lake. Numerous first-class restaurants, often with prime locations directly on the water, invite you to linger and a large selection of hotels in every price segment creates an excellent tourist offer. The city is guaranteed to provide enough variety, as there is no shortage of unique activities. This is exactly what makes our Hanseatic city a perfect destination for incentive trips.
- …the many Alster canals ”fleets”, where we love to sail around in a canoe or on a stand-up paddle board and admire the magnificent villas on the outskirts
- …our ”Kiez”, the legendary Reeperbahn, so often sung about and celebrated even more, which welcomes us all night long and always has an Alster beer, a good DJ, a live band and fun encounters in store somewhere.
- ……the fish market, which opens its doors every Sunday morning at 5am on the Elbe and offers delicious fish sandwiches, fresh fruit or a last beer.
- ……our town hall, which is enthroned so magnificently in the historical style of the neo-Renaissance in front of the town hall market and gives this special flair to the Christmas market.
What we love about Hamburg
- …. …. the harbour, which never ceases to amaze us with its huge container freighters and cruise ships and makes us dream of faraway places.
- …the beaches, where you can feel the sand under your feet while sipping a cocktail, playing a game of volleyball or soaking up the sun.
- ……the Speicherstadt, which is a World Heritage Site with its unique buildings
- ……the Hafencity, our newest district and Europe’s largest inner-city urban development project, always surprises us with new projects, special architectural features and the exciting mix of working, living, culture and leisure.
- ……Our Elbphilarmonie ”Elphi” as the city’s new landmark and world-class concert hall is the eye-catcher of Hafencity.
- ……the Alster Lake, where we would love to go for a spin in a sailing boat to watch the sunset more often.
©Mediaserver.hamburg.de/ Julia Schwender; ©Unsplash
Where will you stay?
The accommodation options are as varied as Hamburg itself, so what better way than to stay in the city’s most charming and individual hotels?
© Hotel Atlantic Hamburg
© Tortue Hamburg
Or you might be more drawn to…
The George hotel, which impresses with a rooftop terrace and a view of lake Alster. The charming rooms of the 4* hotel shine in British elegance, interpreted in a modern way. Hamburg’s city centre is just as easy to reach as the Alster lake and the ”Lange Reihe” street, where the hotel is located, is very popular with both tourists and the gay community.
© The George Hotel
If you are looking for a different flair…
then Ruby Lotti might be the hotel for you. Formerly a publishing house, it has now tried to reflect this charm in its design. Besides the look into the past, the Ruby Lotti has managed to make the rooms bright and cozy with leather and wood elements. The central location is the perfect starting point for walking to the harbour or into the city centre.
On land, you can experience golf in a different way; a game of cross golf awaits you in the Hafencity. But don’t worry, if a ball disappears, the fish have new food! The ultimate climbing experience awaits you on Hamburg’s original Rickmer Rickmers ship. The floating landmark and museum ship offers the possibility to climb its mast.
A visit to the legendary and notorious Reeperbahn can’t be missed. What could be more fitting than visiting the world’s most sinful mile with a drag queen while listening to her stories?
A somewhat different sightseeing tour can be experienced in the cool hot rods. You can explore the Hanseatic city in convoy on these small, open-top vehicles. Or how about an e-scooter tour along the arbour, the Reeperbahn or Lake Alster?
© RIB Piraten; ©mediaserver.marketing.hamburg.de/Christian Spahrbier; ©mediaserver.hamburg.de/ Julia Schwender; ©Pixabay; ©HotRods; ©ScuddyTours; ©unsplash
If you like our inspirations, keep an eye out on our website, where we will gradually compile more and more sample programmes for your group trips. Of course, our team is always ready to give you advice and support and looks forward to your enquiries.
Best regards from Hamburg,
Your INBOUND Team
Stay up to date on Social Media!